U.S.-led Coalition strikes in Iraq engaged a number of Islamic State tactical units and fighting positions near the Syrian city of Raqqa on Tuesday, Operation Inherent Resolve said in a press release.
“Near Raqqah, 30 strikes engaged 16 ISIS tactical units; destroyed 14 fighting positions, two vehicles, and a logistics node; and suppressed four fighting positions,” the release said on Wednesday.
Coalition forces conducted a total of 34 strikes consisting of 34 engagements in Syria. The other strikes included:
- Near Abu Kamal, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed a vehicle.
- Near Dayr Az Zawr [Deir Ezzor], three strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units.
In Iraq, the Coalition carried out five strikes consisting of six engagements against ISIS:
- Near Al Qaim, two strikes destroyed an ISIS-held building and a weapons cache.
- Near Huwijah, one strike destroyed an ISIS headquarters and a VBIED.
- Near Rawah, two strikes destroyed an ISIS-held building and four ISIS boats.