U.S.-led Coalition strikes in Syria destroyed 23 Islamic State fighting positions near the city of Raqqa on Thursday, October 5, Operation Inherent Resolve said in a press release.
“Near Raqqah, 29 strikes engaged six ISIS tactical units and destroyed 23 fighting positions, two vehicles, a supply route, an IED, damaged a vehicle and suppressed three fighting positions,” the release said on Friday.
Coalition forces conducted a total of 34 strikes consisting of 43 engagements in Syria. The other strikes included:
- Near Abu Kamal, one strike destroyed an ISIS weapons cache.
- Near Al Hawl, one strike destroyed an ISIS staging area.
- Near Al Shadaddi, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit.
- Near Dayr Az Zawr [Deir Ezzor], two strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed two IEDs and a logistics node.
In Iraq, the Coalition carried out 10 strikes consisting of 22 engagements against ISIS:
- Near Al Bashir, one strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed a vehicle and a weapons cache.
- Near Huwijah, eight strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units and destroyed nine VBIEDs, four vehicles, three weapons caches, and an ISIS-held building.
- Near Ramadi, one strike destroyed an ISIS bunker.